Our Anti-Bullying Ambassador, Freya, has been trained using the Hampshire Anti-Bullying conference material and have been working to implement some of the things she has learned to help at school.
They will be interviewing, selecting and training a range of 'Bursldeon Buddies' from years 1-6 to help out at playtimes and lunchtimes.
The role of a Bursledon Buddy
To be a Bursledon Buddy you will need to…
- Be able to listen
- Be a calm and friendly character
- Be sensible and sensitive
- Be able to make notes fairly
- Report to adults accurately
What will the buddies have to do?
- Wear a badge so that children can identify you
- Spend a some of your time helping other children with problems
- Be sensible to sort out which are real problems, or which are simply children falling out
- Make notes accurately if there is a problem which needs to go further
- Report serious problems to an adult
- Attend Buddy meetings regularly
To apply you need to…
Write a letter of application to Miss Pinniger ( and the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors) explaining why you would like to be a Bursledon Buddy, why you think this role is important and how you can help anti-bullying at Bursledon!
We will be choosing 1 person per class
We need YOU! Sign up NOW!
The buddies' role is to be on duty lapping the playground at break times and lunchtimes to be on hand to help and talk to anyone who would like it and to help other children with including other and games.