SEND - Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
At the Federation of Bursledon Infant and Junior Schools we welcome all children and follow the local authority admissions guidance for children including those with additional needs. All staff and governors share the responsibility to ensure that the needs of all pupils are met within the Federation. The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCO), Mrs Rachel Wellington, is responsible for monitoring and co-ordinating provision for pupils with special educational needs across the federation. The SENDCO meets regularly with the Headteacher and class teachers, as well as liaising with parents and outside agencies to review the provision and progress for pupils with special educational needs .
We also have a SEND assistant and Autism Ambassador, Mrs Shelley Dickens who offers support and training for pupils, parents and staff. She liaises with outside agencies such as Speech Therapists and Physiotherapists.
Further information about our provision for pupils with SEND can be found in the policy section of our website and in our local offer (see link below).
Click here for our Local Offer - this is in the format of SWAY.
Click here for our SEND policy (This can be also found on our policies page)
Follow the link below to access further information regarding the services for children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities within Hampshire.
We aim to be inclusive and provide a safe environment for all. Our buildings are all accessible as we have:
- Single storey buildings with level access.
- The Hub and the junior school do not have any internal steps.
- The infant school has internal steps but all parts can be accessed from the outside via level pathways and entrances.
- Each building has an accessible toilet and there are accessible shower facilities in the infant school.
- There are designated accessible parking spaces in the car park-one sited near the infant school and one sited near the junior school.
Should you have any further queries relating to access in and around the school site or if you need assistance during a visit please do to hesitate to contact the school office or see the policy below.